This year the Christmas crib ride takes place in the Peel, originally a swamp and peat area. The raised bog area stretched approximately from Weert in the south to Grave in the north. So during the ride we will pass through both the east of North Brabant and the north of Limburg, traditionally predominantly Catholic, so blessed with the necessary nativity scenes.
Start and finish
This day we start and end at a restaurant in Bakel. From 12 noon we will be welcomed there with coffee/tea and cake.
What will we see?
First we head for the beautiful village of Deurne. And indeed, this is ‘HET DORP’, that Wim Sonneveld sang about, thanks to the lyrics of his life partner Friso Wiegersma, who came from Deurne. The 1st stop is the St. Willibrordus Church, located on Markt, right in the center. The nativity scene is located inside the church, which is also a national monument. Be sure to take a walk through the center, the old town hall and the market are around the corner and very worthwhile.
Verder lezen Christmas Crib Ride 2023
- January 21: New Year’s Drinks
- March 16: AGM 2024
- April 6/7: Waterloo Ride (weekend)
- May 17/20: Eurotour in Switzerland
- May 26: Past Perfect
- June 30: Much ado in the polder
- July 28: Picnic Ride
- August 25: To be decided
- Sept. 20-22: Old-timers & Gastronomy in the Kempen (weekend)
- Oct. 25-27: Bad Bentheim Classics 2024 (weekend)
- Nov. 24: To be decided
- Dec. 15: Christmas Cruising
Dates finalised at the AGM
- 26 June: Annual General Meeting
- 25 July: Picnic ride
- 15 August: Ride in Friesland
- 12 September: Narrow Gauge ride
- 17 October: Coming Out ride
- 21 November: Night Fever
- 19 December: Christmas Cradle Ride
What didn’t we do in 2020?
- 21 March: Annual General Meeting
- 18 April: postponed
- 16 May: postponed
- 20 June: postponed
What did we do in 2020?
- 26 January: New Year’s drinks with pub quizz
- 8 March: Annual General Meeting
- 12 July: Picnic ride in South-Holland province
- 27 September: Dunes and Meuse and in between
- 11 October: Coming Out ride in the Nijmegen area – cancelled
- 21 November: Ride Gelders Vallei area – cancelled
- 20 December: Ride in Achterhoek area – cancelled
More (gay) classic events:
- 9 – 16 October: Gaystronotrip (Organiser: Ledorga)
The members’ area has the possibility to post links to your personal photo albums. This way you can simply share your photographs with your GCCC-friends. So, log in and place links to your photo collections. Or have a look at the many photo albums which go back to as far as 2003!
You still don’t have admission to the members’ area? Ask for that by sending an email to: email@example.com
VERVIERS – GCCC and the core team of the Eurotour 2011 organizers, can look back on a very successful international Whitsun weekend! With over 90 classic cars and 182 participants, this was the largest GCCC event so far. The very luxurious Van der Valk Hotel at Verviers in de Walloon Ardennes formed the base.
Pictures of Eurotour 2011
The colourful ‘roadbook’, which contained the routes, was exceptionally well made by Hans. Even in spite of the fact that some parts turned out somewhat unclear due to an unexpected cycle race, it was easy to pick up the route again thanks to this roadbook. This showed its quality!
Verder lezen Succesful Eurotour 2011 in the Ardennes!
If you want to become a member please write to the secretary. The contribution is € 27.50 for members and € 15.00 for partner-members.
- IBAN NL23 INGB 0006 3914 21(The Netherlands)
- BIC: INGBNL2A
You can send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
GCCC members and their cars are all extremely diverse. A Citroën SM may be overtaken by an Mini Cooper, followed by, for example, a Citroën DS, Panhard PL17, Peugeot 404, Rolls-Royce Camargue, DAF 55, BMW E30, Alfa Romeo Spider, Ford Mustang, Mercedes-Benz 300, Volkswagen Kever, Morris Minor …..
On purpose we do not set limits to the age of the car. We think it more important for people to feel at home within the GCCC. An interest in classic cars is essential.