On Sunday 22 November, 2015 our members Daniël and Mark, born and bred in the province Noord-Brabant, will take you along to the convivial Brabant countryside.
Where will the ride start and finish?
You are welcome at Gasterij De Seterse Hoeve, Vijf Eikenweg 56, 4903 RK Oosterhout between 12:00 and 12:30 h. This rurally situated restaurant has a large car park. We’ll also end the day at this place, at around 5 p.m. For those who have booked this beforehand, a three course dinner will be waiting there at 6 p.m. ( € 25 p.p.). There is a choice between fish, meat or vegetarian; the price does not include drinks.
Starting at Seterse Hoeve we set off for a nice, varied ride through the beautiful Brabant landscape. Some of the villages we’ll see are ’s Gravenmoer, Waspik, Geertruidenberg, Drimmelen and Terheijden. About all these villages a lot can be told, but we’ll tell you a bit more about ‘s Gravenmoer here.
The name of the village is derived from the Dutch word ‘moer’, which means peat. It was first mentioned in 1293. it was a peat colony, originally in possession of the Duke of Holland. Together with Roosendaal it is said to be the oldest peat colony in the Netherlands.
In 1421 the village was badly flooded during what is called the St Elizabeth floodings. As for religion, it has always been a protestant island in the midst of a catholic region.
Apart from driving through villages we’ll also use quiet, leafy country lanes. Though it cannort be ruled out that autumn has made all the trees to have shed its leaves by then.
The total length of the ride will be 73 km. using the well-known dot and arrow system. And, of course, there will be questions with the well sought after prizes which can be won!
What will it cost?
Payment, as usual, is done beforehand. Members pay € 3,50, guests € 7,-. Included in the price is coffee/tea and pastry. Drinks en route are at your own expense.
Starters, choose from:
- Trio of Salmon: Diced fresh salmon with a quail’s egg, smoked salmon with a Spanish onion, and a piece of grilled salmon in kikomansoy sauce
- Beef carpaccio with pine nuts, fried livarbacon, slices of sheep cheese and a sauce of coarse mustard.
- Goat cheese salad: Salad of various kinds of lettuce with a lukewarm goat cheese accompanied by stripes of apple, perfumed with a honey sauce.
Main course, choose from:
- Duo beef and pork: Fried pork medallion on a tarte tatin of red onions and a grilled shoulder of beef with pepper sauce.
- Five different kinds of fish:young sole, salmon, sole, cod and gamba, accompanied by remoulade sauce.
- Vegetable quiche with a mixed salad.
- Dessert surprise.
We can imagine you really fancy taking part in this event. You can register via the registration page. Please do so before 15 November , the final date for registering.
So, don’t hesitate any longer, get yourself behind your key board and type your name in the on-line registration form. You don’t want to miss this varied autum ride through the beautiful Brabant countryside.
As usual, guests registered beforehand are welcome, as well as our small loyal four-footed friends, as long as they are well-behaved and kept on a mleash.
Please note: GCCC cannot be held responsibmle for any damage whatsoever.